How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im currently employed. I also have a website and I recently

This answer was rated:

I'm currently employed. I also have a website and I recently started receiving payments from AdSense (advertisements placed on my site) and affiliate commissions (nothing serious yet, I get around $100 a month in total). I understand, if I'm not mistaken, that I would report this income on Schedule C of the 1040 form. My question is, would I have to start paying estimated taxes on this income for 2009 or can I wait until I pay my income taxes next year?

It is not mandatory that you pay estimated taxes, but at the end of the year if you end up owing too much in tax, then you would also have to pay some penalties and interest for late payment.

By paying in quarterly, you can avoid these extra charges.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button.

Thank youCustomer

Merlo and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you