How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RD Your Own Question
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8784
Experience:  CPA, MBA, Over 10 yrs of experience in tax planning and business consulting..
Type Your Tax Question Here...
RD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in New Jersey and will be working in New York City.

Customer Question

I live in New Jersey and will be working in New York City. My salary will be 35,000. I am single and do not have any dependents. I wanted to know what my paycheck would look like. Please advise. What would my net income be?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  RD replied 8 years ago.
Is your paycheck monthly or biweekly?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Bi weekly. Thank you so much, your help is greatly appreciated! Laughing
Expert:  RD replied 8 years ago.
Your net paycheck bi-weekly considering the new workpayers tax credit included in the calculation will be and 2 allowances claimed for federal & state-

Gross Pay $1346.15
Fed w/h   $112.19
Social Security $83.46
Medicare $19.52
NY State $53.3
NY SDI $1.20
City tax $32.81

Net pay $ 1043.67

If NY income is the only income you have than you will get a credit for tax paid in NY on your NJ tax return and hence you may not owe NJ State tax.

Let me know if you have any question.

Please note: This advice is provided with the understanding that all the relevant facts have been provided by you. Any change in facts might affect the advice given and hence may not be relied on in such cases. Nothing contained in this reply was intended or written to be used, can be used by any taxpayer, or may be relied upon or used by any taxpayer for the purposes of avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Awesome!! Thank you so much! Smile
Expert:  RD replied 8 years ago.
I will appreciate if you could accept the post.