How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a first time home buyer and settlement is on May 12th.

Resolved Question:

I am a first time home buyer and settlement is on May 12th. I have already filed my 2008 income tax. If I amend my 2008 income tax for the $8,000 first time home buyers tax credit on May 13th, how soon can I expect to see it in my bank account if I e-file the amendment?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 8 years ago.

Amended returns cannot be electronically filed. They must be submitted by mail.

The processing of an amended return generally takes anywhere from 8 to 12 weeks, so you would not receive your refund until the return had been processed.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button.

Thank youCustomer and let me know if you have more questions.
Merlo and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you