Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Im receiving a $50,000 inheritance from my dad in the state

Customer Question
I'm receiving a $50,000 inheritance...
I'm receiving a $50,000 inheritance from my dad in the state of Oregon. What are the tax ramifications at my age of 60?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Tax
5/2/2009
Tax Professional: Lou, Tax Preparer replied 8 years ago
Lou
Lou, Tax Preparer

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. We appreciate the opportunity to be of service to you.

Oregon is tied to Federal Estate tax Law. If there is a tax due it would be paid from the eatate and is the responsibility of the executor of the estate to file the proper tax returns. In your case ($50,000) would not trigger an inheritance tax in Oregon or at the Federa level.

Here is a link to the Oregon website that will give you very specific information:

http://egov.oregon.gov/DOR/BUS/inher-general.shtml

Was the $50,000 from an IRA or other retiirement plan?

Lou
Lou, Tax Preparer
Lou
Lou
Lou, Tax Preparer