How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

New jersey Goucester county My parents outright own the home

This answer was rated:

New jersey Goucester county
My parents outright own the home that i live in. There is no morgage it has been paid off. The township I live in after 8 years now are coming after my parents as landlords. My mother wants to add me as an owner of the property so this nonsense can stop. How do we do this?
Hello 2fast,

Your parents can accomplish this easily by simply signing a quit claim deed to add your name as a joint owner of the property.

Quit claim deed forms are available at most office supply stores such as Office Max or Office Depot, and are relatively simple to fill out. Once the quit claim deed is completed, you simply send it to the county recorder of deeds office to have it filed.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you.

Merlo and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you