How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ed Johnson Your Own Question
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10760
Experience:  GPHR Cert; U.S. Treasury Tax Advocacy Panel appointee
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Ed Johnson is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My former financial advisor put me in a 419e plan. The required

Resolved Question:

My former financial advisor put me in a 419e plan. The required 8886 form was NOT filed, but no deductions were claimed either for the 2008 year. What should be done to correct if necessary? and what penalties might I incure?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Ed Johnson replied 8 years ago.



You need to flie this right away. The penalty is as much as 10,000 for individuals. Not every single failure will produce a penalty. Most penatlies are related to reportable transactions.


If there is a reportable transaction you should file right away and include a cover letter explaining the circumstances.


You can read more about the penalties and conditions for penalties IF ANY at this link:


Scroll to penalties:



Ed Johnson and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you