Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I filed my electronic return the first week of April, refund

Customer Question
date was supposed to be...
I filed my electronic return the first week of April, refund date was supposed to be 4/17. At first I got a IRS delay code 1481 then today I got a different code 8002 when I check the where's my refund site. Does any one know what these mean or what may be going on? Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Tax
5/1/2009
Tax Professional: Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer replied 8 years ago
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer

DearCustomer

The following table is a list of error codes used with individual income tax returns for 2008.

http://www.irs.gov/efile/article/0,,id=186574,00.html

They will not make much since to you.

So let me interpret.

These two codes mean that something is not matching up. This can be name, ssn, or math errors.

Since you filed electronically, I doubt very seriously it is a math ERROR code.

I am sorry I can not tell you specifically what the errors mean in your case.

You can tell from the published chart, why you get different results each time you contact the IRS.

In your case it is most likely because of a mismatch of name, ssn , addresses, or another person claiming your dependents if any, or even a delay due to a tax offset for student loans, back child support, etc if this applies to you.

Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer