Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How to view my income tax return online?

Customer Question
How do I view my income...

How do I view my income tax return online?

Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Tax
4/27/2009
Tax Professional: Molinari, Tax Preparer replied 8 years ago
Molinari
Molinari, Tax Preparer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

What did you use to file it, was it E-filed?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

I used a CPA to file my taxes.

Tax Professional: Merlo, Accountant replied 8 years ago
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant

If you used a CPA to file your taxes, then there would be no way for you to view your tax return on line.

The only time that your tax return is available for viewing over the internet is if you used one of the on line tax software programs such as Turbo Tax or Tax Act to prepare your returns. You would then be able to view a copy of what you filed through their website. But returns filed by a CPA or an office such as H&R Block are not available for viewing on the internet.

If you need to have a copy of your return as it was filed with the IRS, you may request a copy of your return by filling out Form 4506, and the IRS will send you a copy of the return as it was filed.

Thank you, and let me know if you have more questions.

Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Merlo
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant