How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29964
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son married a woman in 2008 who is applying for citizenship

Resolved Question:

My son married a woman in 2008 who is applying for citizenship presently. She has two children who have social security numbers (born in US) but she only has an ITIT number. She did not work in 2008, how should he file his taxes?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 8 years ago.

does she had any income in 2008?

was they married in 2008 or 2009?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I believe she did but it was under an inaccurate name and social security number.


The two were maried in 2008.

Expert:  Lev replied 8 years ago.

I suggest to file a joint tax return as this generally would provide more deductions.

You may use ITIN in place of SSN, but most likely you would not be able to file electronically - please verify with your provider.

If this case - the only option would be to mail a paper return - that will take some time and will delay refund, but eventually you will get it.


Please also verify that if children are below 17 - your son will get additional recovery stimulus credit - $300 for each child.

Let me know if you need help with reporting.


Lev and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you