How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RD Your Own Question
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8784
Experience:  CPA, MBA, Over 10 yrs of experience in tax planning and business consulting..
Type Your Tax Question Here...
RD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are a C-Corp in Missouri. My wife handles all of the books

This answer was rated:

We are a C-Corp in Missouri. My wife handles all of the books and I handle the production. We are a commercial printer / mailing house with sales of approximately a million dollars. While in the process of trying to buy a new home my wife confessed that the books are a disaster and she has not filed our corporate tax returns for the last three years. She recently hired a bookkeeper at my urging to get my monthly financial reports, revenues, recievables, payables and p&L. We have been arguing over the neccesity of these forever. I knew she was doing a bad job but she wouldn't share any information and now I see why. We need to get square with The IRS. I can have the bookkeeper get the books in order in the next 4 weeks and we can be ready to file at that time. My question for you is after getting our records in order do we need to go to a lawyer, the IRS or can a CPA handle all of this? Let me know if you need more info to help me. Thanks, Darrell

You first need either a CPA or a tax professional to prepare all the tax returns and comply with the required filings.


CPA should be able to get you through this entire mess. However, if things get complicated and you need to fight with the IRS over some issues than you may want to consider a tax attorney.


Let me know if you have any question.


Please note: This advice is provided with the understanding that all the relevant facts have been provided by you. Any change in facts might affect the advice given and hence may not be relied on in such cases. Nothing contained in this reply was intended or written to be used, can be used by any taxpayer, or may be relied upon or used by any taxpayer for the purposes of avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.

RD and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you