How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15312
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I owned a unit investment trust registered as a RIC and in

Customer Question

I owned a unit investment trust registered as a 'RIC' and in '08 I took the underlying assets in kind. I'm told that was a taxable event, but I received no tax related documentation.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 8 years ago.


Investors of unit trust funds will receive semi annual and annual reports which describe

a. The portfolio of the funds

b. Investment changes made in the period

c. Distributions paid, if any

d. Fund manager's opinion on the economic and market outlook


If you have not received your documents then you need to contact the manager of the fund. If you have received them but no activity for the underlying assets is shown then the mnager needs to be contacted to see if a corrected documents needs to be issued.


I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX information is helpful,

Related Tax Questions