Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Is that possible I can claim my mom who is not living in Unite

Customer Question
states (she is not american...
Is that possible I can claim my mom who is not living in Unite states (she is not american citizen) as dependent for tax return, since we are fully supporting her.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Tax
4/1/2009
Tax Professional: RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 8 years ago
RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Your mom has to be a U.S. citizen or national, or a resident of the U.S., Canada or Mexico

Link to detailed information

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=133298,00.html

Let me know if you have any question.

Please note: This advice is provided with the understanding that all the relevant facts have been provided by you. Any change in facts might affect the advice given and hence may not be relied on in such cases. Nothing contained in this reply was intended or written to be used, can be used by any taxpayer, or may be relied upon or used by any taxpayer for the purposes of avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.

RD
RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)