How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15443
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have not filled returns for the past five years

Customer Question

I have not filed tax returns for the past five years. I would like to know what is the easiest way to fix this. I do not have all required W2s, 1099r&divs and so on. Should I just call the IRS to ask for assistance?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 8 years ago.


This is not an uncommon problem. The IRS can certainly help you with income information for the years that you do not have the needed information.

Here is the link to the IRS page for dealing with this situation:,,id=171847,00.html


I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX this is helpful,