Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

As a single person if I earn an income of 480. per week gross,

how much is deducted from...
As a single person if I earn an income of 480. per week gross, how much is deducted from my check for taxes?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2009
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
HelloCustomer

The taxes that are deducted will depend on how you fill out the W-4 form for your employer and will also depend on the state you live in.

Are you filling out your W-4 form as single? How many personal allowances are you claiming? What state are you in?

Hello. I'm filling it out as a single person. As far as I know I don't have any personal allowances. What would a personal allowance be? I am living in MA. I need to know what I would bring home if my gross salary was between 320. and 480.
Hello again Dondi,

Personal allowances would be if you had children or someone else you could claim as a dependent on your tax return.

If you are filling out your W-4 as single with no personal allowances, here is what you can approximately expect.

If you salary is $480 per week, your federal tax is $56, state tax is $20 and your social security and medicare taxes are $37. This would give you a net paycheck of $367 each week.

If the salary is $320 per week, you would have federal tax of $32, state tax of $11 and social security and medicare of $25. This would give you a net paycheck of $252 each week.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you.
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Merlo
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant