How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i need my IL-PIN number and i didn get it on my IL 1040 booklet.

Customer Question

i need my IL-PIN number and i didn' get it on my IL 1040 booklet. i didn't file my taxes the last 2 years because i was incarcerated. so how do i get my IL-PIN number?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 8 years ago.
Hello frantic,

If you did not file a return in 2007, a pin # XXXXX not have been assigned to you. If a pin number had been assigned, it should have been included on your tax booklet label.

You may check the following section of the Illinois website to see if a pin has been assigned to you. You will need to enter your SS number and one other piece of identifying information.

If no pin # XXXXX been assigned, you would have to contact Taxpayer Assistance at(NNN) NNN-NNNN

If this was helpful please press the Accept button.

Thanks for using JA.