How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RD Your Own Question
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8784
Experience:  CPA, MBA, Over 10 yrs of experience in tax planning and business consulting..
Type Your Tax Question Here...
RD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get a copy of the original SS4 form I filed I already

This answer was rated:

How do I get a copy of the original SS4 form I filed? I already have an EIN.

Why do you need the form SS4 if you already have the EIN?


Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The EIN was issued in 1999 however we have not had any activity in this corporation for the past 5 years but we did not dissolve the corporation. We are now using this entity again for business and want to get insurance for our employees and the insurance provider is asking for a copy of our SS4 to show proof of our existence and the issuance of the EIN.

I would suggest you contact IRS and ask them to issue you a EIN letter. You may not be able to get the SS4 form from the IRS as it is too old and they may not even have a copy.



Let me know if you have any question.


Please note: This advice is provided with the understanding that all the relevant facts have been provided by you. Any change in facts might affect the advice given and hence may not be relied on in such cases. Nothing contained in this reply was intended or written to be used, can be used by any taxpayer, or may be relied upon or used by any taxpayer for the purposes of avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.

RD and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you