Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

iF YOU HAD A LOSS ON THE SALE OF A PRIMARY RESIDENCE IN 2008,

Customer Question
CAN YOU GO BACK TO...
iF YOU HAD A LOSS ON THE SALE OF A PRIMARY RESIDENCE IN 2008, CAN YOU GO BACK TO THE PREVIOUS TAX YEAR AND AMEND THAT TAX RETURN
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/2/2009
Tax Professional: RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 8 years ago
RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Loss on sale of primary residence is not tax deductible.

Is there any other reason for the amendment?

Let me know if you have any question.

Please note: This advice is provided with the understanding that all the relevant facts have been provided by you. Any change in facts might affect the advice given and hence may not be relied on in such cases. Nothing contained in this reply was intended or written to be used, can be used by any taxpayer, or may be relied upon or used by any taxpayer for the purposes of avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.

How can I verify this information?

This is a ripoff. No expanation? Looks like a computer answer

Here is a link to the IRS website that will state the same thing that loss is not deductible but gain can be excluded.

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/industries/article/0,,id=98921,00.html

Let me know if you have any question.

RD
RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)