Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I was wondering if I can get my refund Sent to a different

Customer Question
Account? If so how do...
I was wondering if I can get my refund Sent to a different Account? If so how do I go about to do so?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Tax
3/1/2009
Tax Professional: Merlo, Accountant replied 8 years ago
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Hello Jess,

Have you already filed your return and given the IRS an account number to use for direct deposit?

Yes I have but I still don't see it in that account yet and was wondering if I could use the checking account since I have the right routing number unless you can find the return for me. It was supposed to be there by the 27th and it is not there.

Hello again Jess,

The site you have reached is a tax forum for people with tax questions, but we are not affiliated with the IRS and we do not have access to your tax returns.

I can tell you that once you have filed your tax return and given the IRS an account number to use for your refund, there is no changing it. The only thing you could do at this point to prevent the refund from going to the account you listed on your tax return, would be to close out that account. The bank would then return the refund to the IRS when it was received, and the IRS would then send you a check.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you.
Merlo
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant