How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to know where to enter the meal & snack deduction for

This answer was rated:

I need to know where to enter the meal & snack deduction for a day care center on Schedule C. Under meals and entertainment there is a point to enter meals for yourself, and it appears that number is XXXXX at 50%. The only other place I found was other expenses. Is this where I enter the deduction for day care?
<p>Are you providing the meals for the children?</p><p> </p>
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" id="HB_Mail_Container">yes
Hello pah,

You would not enter your meal expenses under the Meals and Entertainment section of Schedule C. That particular section is for people who have a business where they travel and consume meals while out of town, and the deduction is limited to 50% of the expense.

Your meal expenses would be listed as an expense in the "other" section of Schedule C.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appeciated.

Thank you.
Merlo and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you