How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask jgordosea Your Own Question
jgordosea, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3161
Experience:  I've prepared all types of taxes since 1987.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
jgordosea is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In my 1040 return, do include my K-1 from my S Corporation

This answer was rated:

In my 1040 return, do include my K-1 from my S Corporation



The amounts from the 2008 Form 1120S (Schedule K-1) do need to be entered into your individual income tax return to report the various types of income listed on the K-1 such as interest, dividends, capital gain and ordinary income.


The ordinary income from line 1 of the K-1 is reported on 2008 Form 1040 (Schedule E) page 2. Be careful that you read the Shareholder's Instructions for Schedule K-1 (Form 1120S) to be sure that any line 1 loss is allowed in the current year.


That is the purpose of the K-1 - to specify the types and amount of income you must report on your individual 1040.


Best wishes.

jgordosea and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you