Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

i filed my federal taxes on line with Turbo Tax and i was checking

Customer Question
the status of it and...
i filed my federal taxes on line with Turbo Tax and i was checking the status of it and it said it was accepted, but then down below that it said "filing state changed to in agency" and then below that it said filing state changed to succeeded agency. could you tell me what this means?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Tax
2/16/2009
Tax Professional: Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer replied 8 years ago
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer

Dear Princleovedr,

Message defintitions from Turbo Tax are:

IN_AGENCY: The agency has successfully received the submission, but has not yet confirmed whether it was accepted or processed. Acknowledgement can take up to a few days to get back.

SUCCEEDED_AGENCY: An acknowledgement was received from the agency, and they have accepted the payment.

so in your case the return was successfully submitted and then later was acknowledged as received and your payment was received.

When you say the return was successfully submitted and then later was acknowledged as received and your payment was received...what type of payment? does that mean that part of my refund coul've possibly been credited toward back child support?

Dear princelover,

That is not what htey are referring to. If you filed electronically and was not eligible for free file, you may have paid a fee using your credit card or authorizing it to come out of your tax refund. This is internal code to the administration of your online filing using Turbo Tax.

Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer
Thank you! One more quic question (sorry!)...there hasn't been a withdrawal from my debit card, so does that mean that more than likely that the fee will be deducted from my refund?

If your credit card or debit card does not show the payment it is because of a time lag of sometimes 3 days to show up on your accounts, or it is being taken from your refund.

Turbo tax is supposed to have an option for making the selection of how you want it done.

Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer