Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS
9313471

my daughters college sent as a 1098t form. what do i do with

my daughter's college sent as a 1098t form. what do i do with it
Hello and thanks you for using Just Answer. If you claim your daughter as a dependent on your federal income tax return you can uses the amount reported on Form 1098T to claim an educational credit on your federal income tax return. What was your income for 2008?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
83k. my daughter was also employed part time and needs to file so i can assume the 1098t has no bearing on her tax return?

If you are going to claim your daughter on your federal income tax return, Form 1098T will have no effect her tax return. If you file head of household you will not be able to claim the educational tax credit because your income is over $80,000. Will you be claiming your daughter?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes

Your daughter can not claim the educational credit when she file her tax return.