Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Hi, I just noticed the tax credit of getting 10% to a new home

buyer of the home's purchase...
Hi, I just noticed the tax credit of getting 10% to a new home buyer of the home's purchase price--up to $7500. My question is that I was a new home buyer as of Aug.2007... so this does not apply or is there any way that it can? I work a government job... tons of overtime and i'm single and 27 and appear to miss out on every tax credit there is. I do not understand why I pay my bills, and work hard while I miss out on every deduction and stimulus that goes out. Sorry to rant, but is there anyway that I can get that new home credit?
2/2/2009
MequonCPA
MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

DearCustomer-

Sorry, the credit only applies to purchases between April 8, 2008 and July 1, 2009. Below is a link to the IRS page that explains the credit.

http://www.irs.gov/formspubs/article/0,,id=203083,00.html

MequonCPA

What I sadly expected for an answer, I work hard miss every tax break that comes along, think I should just quit and go on welfare and default on loans like its popular to do.

Information given accurate and in good time, good site. I would recommend this to others.

MequonCPA
MequonCPA