How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marvin,EA Your Own Question
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1672
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Marvin,EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own a small corporation and have my office in my house. I

Customer Question

I own a small corporation and have my office in my house. I am currently a renter for the house. Can I sublet to the corporation for the office space ( 2 rooms of the house ) of the corporation?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 8 years ago.

Hello and thanks you for using Just Answer. No home-office deduction is allowed for expenses attributable to the rental by an employee of all or part of his home to his employer if the employee uses the rented portion to perform services as an employee of the employer.


If you are a employee of your corporation you cannot deduct the office space.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Please clarify. Can the corporation ( I am a one man operation) directly pay the person from whom I am renting from for part of the house? How does the corporation pay rent? Thank you.
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 8 years ago.
Are you a employee of your corporation? Do you received a W-2 from your corporation?