How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29962
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thanks Lev. Further clarification on my pension loan. I did

Customer Question

Thanks Lev. Further clarification on my pension loan. I did need to stop the payments for 6 weeks during a worker's comp. work stopage. I am however payeing them now. Does that make a difference?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 8 years ago.

Generally - you may not stop payment - I suggest to get another loan for funding and still continue regular payments.

If you will not be able to make regular payments back to the administrator of your pension plan - the balance outstanding will be deemed a distribution and will be your taxable income.

You may contact the administrator for how late you may do you payments - however if you past the deadline - the administrator will issue the reporting form 1099-R to you and to the IRS reporting the balance outstanding as distribution.

To verify your current situation - please contact the administrator of your pension plan.