Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

on my w2 it still says im single but i am married will this

Customer Question
be a problem if i...
on my w2 it still says im single but i am married will this be a problem if i file jointly with my wife
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Tax
2/1/2009
Tax Professional: Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent replied 8 years ago
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Hello and thanks you for using Just Answer. It does not matter what filing status you claim on your W-4 because most W-4s are not file with the IRS. You should file your federal tax return and use your correct filing status if you are qualify to file married filing jointly. There will be no problem filing married filing jointly with your wife.
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent