How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need my w2 form for 2008 from Rent A center

Customer Question

I need my w2 form for 2008 from Rent A center
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 8 years ago.

Employers have a deadline of January 31st to mail out the W-2 forms. They do not have until the end of February.

If you do not receive your W-2 form shortly after the end of this month, then you should call the IRS and request that they mail Form 4598 to your employer. This will be a formal notice from the IRS requesting that the W-2 be issued within 10 days. If the employer does not comply, they can be fined.

You will also be sent a copy of this form for your records.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you.

Related Tax Questions