How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marvin,EA Your Own Question
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1672
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Marvin,EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if i only made around 1-2,000 dollars this year and stoped

Customer Question

if i only made around 1-2,000 dollars this year and stoped working do i still need to do my taxes. even if i just had a child in november?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 8 years ago.
Hello and thanks you for using Just Answer. If you only made $2,000 and have a dependend you should file your federal tax return to receive the earned income tax credit. The amount of the credit you can receive for one dependend is about $689.