Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Do LLCs, LLPs, PAs receive 1099-MISC

Customer Question
Do LLC's, LLP's, PA's receive...
Do LLC's, LLP's, PA's receive 1099-MISC?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Tax
1/14/2009
Tax Professional: Merlo, Accountant replied 9 years ago
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Hello Bridge,

The IRS does not require that 1099 forms be sent to corporations, except in the following instances:

1. Payments made for medical and health care.
2. Fish purchases made for cash
3. Fees paid to an attorney
4. Substitute payments in lieu of dividends or tax-exempt interest
5. Payments by a federal executive agency for services

Keep in mind that there are some firms which still may send a 1099 form to a corporation, even though it may not be required. This is usually done in circumstances where the reporting firm does not have a W-9 on file for the company who performed the services and there is uncertainty as to the company's legal status.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you.

Merlo
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant