Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My husband receives disability from SS. The SSI is the only

Customer Question
My husband receives disability from...
My husband receives disability from SS. The SSI is the only income that we have to report as I can't work due to taking care of him. My question is that we have paid in apx $7000 int on our house this year and made numerous trips to the doctors that we could claim mileage on - as well as made quite a few donations to the Salvation Army. Will we not be able to use any of these deductions due to no taxable income? If so is there any way that we can let our Son claim the interest pd?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Tax
1/4/2009
Tax Professional: Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent replied 8 years ago
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Hello and thanks you for using Just Answer. I am sorry but only you or your husband can take the mortgage interest deduction, mileage expenses on your tax return. You son will not be able to take any tax deductions you and your husband paid for.
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent