How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marvin,EA Your Own Question
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1672
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Marvin,EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband receives disability from SS. The SSI is the only

Customer Question

My husband receives disability from SS. The SSI is the only income that we have to report as I can't work due to taking care of him. My question is that we have paid in apx $7000 int on our house this year and made numerous trips to the doctors that we could claim mileage on - as well as made quite a few donations to the Salvation Army. Will we not be able to use any of these deductions due to no taxable income? If so is there any way that we can let our Son claim the interest pd?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 8 years ago.
Hello and thanks you for using Just Answer. I am sorry but only you or your husband can take the mortgage interest deduction, mileage expenses on your tax return. You son will not be able to take any tax deductions you and your husband paid for.