How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29558
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can an individual buy stocks in an S Corporation as part

This answer was rated:

Can an individual buy stocks in an "S" Corporation as part of the investments in their IRA?

Yes - it is possible - but shares should be held in the custodial account - and you may form a business structure to accomplish self-directed IRA - see for instance -


In connection with S-corporation in your question - only physical persons may be shareholders - so for your might need to change your business entity to LLC or C-corporation.

Please let me know if you need any clarification.



Lev and 3 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you