Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

WHEN YOU ARE COLLEGE GRADUATE FROM PHARMACY SCHOOL..AND WANT

TO GO BACK FOR YOUR...
WHEN YOU ARE COLLEGE GRADUATE FROM PHARMACY SCHOOL..AND WANT TO GO BACK FOR YOUR DOCTOR DEGREE IN PHARMACY IS THERE ANY PART OF THE TUTION OR BOOKS DEDUCTABLE FROM YOUR TAXES
1/1/2009
Bill
Bill, Enrolled Agent

You may be able to deduct up to $4,000 of the expenses as a tuition and fees deduction on line 34 of Form 1040 as an adjustment to income if certain requirements are met. Books can be included only if they are required to be purchased directly from the college as a condition for attendance.

Instead of this deduction, you may be eligible for a lifetime learning credit of up to $2,000. The IRS link below to Publication 970 provides details of both.

Pages 18 - 23, 32 - 34, and Appendix B on page 72 -

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p970.pdf

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf

Bill
Bill, Enrolled Agent
Bill
Bill
Bill, Enrolled Agent