Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Do I insert my OASDI on my tax return?

Customer Question
Do I claim my Federal/OASDI...

Do I claim my Federal/OASDI EE taxes towards my refund or my Med/EE?

Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Tax
12/31/2008
Tax Professional: Bill, Enrolled Agent replied 8 years ago
Bill
Bill, Enrolled Agent

The OASDI and Medicare taxes that were deducted from your pay are for Social Security and Medicare taxes and are not included in the amount of Federal income taxes that you paid when determining the amount of your Federal income tax refund.

So in my tax section, only the section titled Fed withholding is what I am entitled to for a refund?

Yes, that is correct. The amount that was withheld for federal income taxes will be entered on line 62 of Form 1040 (if that is the form you are filing) to determine the amount of your refund or taxes due.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf

Bill
Bill
Bill, Enrolled Agent