How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ed Johnson Your Own Question
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10760
Experience:  GPHR Cert; U.S. Treasury Tax Advocacy Panel appointee
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Ed Johnson is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I produce tamales and sell them to people who then sell them

Resolved Question:

I produce tamales and sell them to people who then sell them to stores. On the 1099 form there is a place where you state you sold your product. Do I put down an amount? What amount should I enter?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Ed Johnson replied 8 years ago.

Dear BR,

If you check this box it means $5,000 or more of sales of consumer products was

paid to you on a buy-sell, deposit-commission, or other basis.

You do not have to fill this box in. Generally, report any income from

your sale of these products on Schedule C or C-EZ (Form 1040).

Ed Johnson and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions