How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marvin,EA Your Own Question
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1672
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Marvin,EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a volunteer for a non profit, I am also on the Board of

This answer was rated:

I am a volunteer for a non profit, I am also on the Board of Directors, and Sec./Treas. I do all the accounting and secretarial work along with many other things. This is the same work I do at my paid job, can I take a tax deduction?
Hello and thanks you for using Just Answer. I am sorry but you cannot deduct value of time or services rendered by your for the non profit orgaization on your federal tax return. You can deduct unreimbursed expense, such as for uniforms, telephone or equipment, incurred in rendering such service. Deductions are allowed for transportation or other travel expenses (including meals and lodging) incurred in the performance of services away from home on behalf of a charitable organization. The mileage rate is 14 cents per mile for travel incurred in the performance of services.
Marvin,EA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you