Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I moved out of NY in 2005 but had a mobile home my father left

Customer Question
when he passed. I sold...
I moved out of NY in 2005 but had a mobile home my father left when he passed. I sold the home to family friends but there credit was not good to rent the property it is on so I left my name on the lease so they could stay. I moved to NJ and I am no longer a resident of NY. I know been a few years but is there anything I should be worried about with doing my taxes.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Tax
12/2/2008
Tax Professional: Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent replied 8 years ago
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Hello and thanks you for using Just Answer. If you are not receiving rent for the lease property your friend is leasing you have no tax liabilities because you are not receiving any income from the lease.
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent