How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marvin,EA Your Own Question
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1672
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Marvin,EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I moved out of NY in 2005 but had a mobile home my father left

Resolved Question:

I moved out of NY in 2005 but had a mobile home my father left when he passed. I sold the home to family friends but there credit was not good to rent the property it is on so I left my name on the lease so they could stay. I moved to NJ and I am no longer a resident of NY. I know been a few years but is there anything I should be worried about with doing my taxes.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 8 years ago.
Hello and thanks you for using Just Answer. If you are not receiving rent for the lease property your friend is leasing you have no tax liabilities because you are not receiving any income from the lease.
Marvin,EA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you