How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marvin,EA Your Own Question
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1672
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Marvin,EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

IRS is auditing me for tax years 2005-2007 for the following

Resolved Question:

IRS is auditing me for tax years 2005-2007 for the following reasons: Exemptions, they said that I have not provided proof of half of dependents support. and for Child Credit tax, they daid that per IRS Code Section 24, I do not qualify for this credit. I am the grandmother of the three dependents in questions. They ages 11, 10, 8 I have always claim them as my dependents. My daughter is has custodial over the kids and no one is claiming them. The children reside with my daughter, but occasionally spend them with me. I am the sole provider for these kids. I purchse their needs, books, and everything that they need. My duaghter does not work. My question is:
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 8 years ago.
Hello and thanks you for using Just Answer. Your grandchildren must live with you for more than 6 months during the year to be claim as you qualify dependent children. In order to your to receive the Child Tax Credit the children must lived with you for over 6 months during the year.
Marvin,EA and 4 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you