Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have Fed tax id for an LLC, I am handing off all ownership

Customer Question
to my partner, the fex...
I have Fed tax id for an LLC, I am handing off all ownership to my partner, the fex tax id was under my name tied to my SS# XXXXX do I need to do for tax purposes?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Tax
12/2/2008
Tax Professional: Merlo, Accountant replied 8 years ago
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant

HelloCustomer

If you are currently operating as a partnership, and the partnership is being taken over by one of the partners and will now be operated from here on out as a single member LLC, then the remaining partner will need to obtain a new tax ID number.

I am giving you a link below to a section of the IRS website which explains what situations require a new tax ID number. You should refer in particular to the section for partnerships, assuming that applies.

If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you.

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:CMCXF2ifZT8J:www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id%3D98011,00.html+new+fein+llc+change&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Merlo
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant