Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

When should i start the process of tax filing I am new to

Customer Question
When should i start the...
When should i start the process of tax filing? I am new to the country and know nothing about the deadline.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Tax
12/1/2008
Tax Professional: Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent replied 9 years ago
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Hello and thanks you for using Just Answer. If you worked in the US for 2008 you should receive a W-2 from your employer for your wages earned. The information on the W-2 is what you should use to file your 2008 tax return.   To read more about the process go to www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p17.pdf .
when should my employer give me the w2?
What is the deadline to start the process, i will be out of the country till january 15, 2009.
should i do it before or after january 15?
Your employer have until 31 January 2009 to give you your W-2. You have until April 15, 2009 to file your tax return if you will have a balance due. You have until April 15, 2013 to file your tax return to receive a refund for tax year 2008.
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent