How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marvin,EA Your Own Question
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1672
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Marvin,EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When should i start the process of tax filing I am new to

Resolved Question:

When should i start the process of tax filing? I am new to the country and know nothing about the deadline.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 8 years ago.
Hello and thanks you for using Just Answer. If you worked in the US for 2008 you should receive a W-2 from your employer for your wages earned. The information on the W-2 is what you should use to file your 2008 tax return.   To read more about the process go to .
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
when should my employer give me the w2?
What is the deadline to start the process, i will be out of the country till january 15, 2009.
should i do it before or after january 15?
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 8 years ago.
Your employer have until 31 January 2009 to give you your W-2. You have until April 15, 2009 to file your tax return if you will have a balance due. You have until April 15, 2013 to file your tax return to receive a refund for tax year 2008.
Marvin,EA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you