How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to obtain a 147c letter from the IRS?

This answer was rated:

How do I obtain a 147c Letter from the IRS?

You must write to the service center where you file your tax return, Attn: Entity Section, and ask for IRS letter 147C, "EIN Previously Assigned". If you have it, you must enclose a copy of the Second "B" Notice with your request.

If you do not have a "B" notice, then include a cover letter stating the circumstances.

Thank you.

Merlo and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you