Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I owe the IRS alot of money 25k. I am on a payment plan but

Customer Question
with intrest and penalities I...
I owe the IRS alot of money 25k. I am on a payment plan but with intrest and penalities I am getting nowhere. What can I do?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Tax
11/3/2008
Tax Professional: MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 9 years ago
MequonCPA
MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

DearCustomer-

There are services that can assist you. However I do not have any first hand knowledge of which services are better than others.

One option for you is to submit an Offer in Compromise. This is a proposal to the IRS to settle the amounts owing for some amount less.

I am providing a link to IRS Publication 656 that explains the process. There is no requirement that you use a professional to assist in the preparation, but it may help. An enrolled agent or CPA in your area may be able to assist.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f656.pdf

MequonCPA
MequonCPA
MequonCPA