How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ed Johnson Your Own Question
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10760
Experience:  GPHR Cert; U.S. Treasury Tax Advocacy Panel appointee
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Ed Johnson is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Live in a 55 and older community in palm beach county florida

Resolved Question:

Live in a 55 and older community in palm beach county florida and we have a tax exempt card. Can we get help with paying taxes on cable, water, gas, electric?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Ed Johnson replied 8 years ago.



This depends on who your carrier is for those services.


Can you tell me who your providers are for each of those services?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Florida Power And Light

Sea Coast Utities

Comcast Cable

Not sure about the Gas Company
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Also AT%T for phone service in elevators and at the pools
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What about Florida Power and Light

Sea Coast Utities

Comcast cable
Expert:  Ed Johnson replied 8 years ago.



I understand the situation, thank you for the additional information.


There are a number of programs that are available, but they are based on income rather than age. It happens that a majority of the aged will likley fit into the parameters of eligibility.


But each person's case must be looked at individually and benefits applied for individually.


a list wiht contact information for low income housing and utilty assistance can be found at this link:



Ed Johnson and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you