Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

how can i find out who claim me as a dependent without my permission

Customer Question
used my social security number...
how can i find out who claim me as a dependent without my permission used my social security number
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Tax
10/27/2008
Tax Professional: Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent replied 9 years ago
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. The best way to find out if you were claimed as a dependent on someone federal tax return is to file a federal tax return. If someone claim you on their tax return your return will be rejected. The IRS will not tell you who claimed you on their tax return but that person must return any payments received for claiming you on their tax return.
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent