How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29654
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

As a TOURIST in Japan, can I apply for a refund for the 5%

Resolved Question:

As a TOURIST in Japan, can I apply for a refund for the 5% consumption tax paid on my purchases?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 8 years ago.

There is NO tax refund after you leave Japan.


However as a tourist - you may avoid can consumption tax if you purchase goods in tax exempt stores or departments and spend more than 10, 000 on the single day - you might be asked to show your passport or return ticket to proof your residency. -


Lev and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions