How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Merlo Your Own Question
Merlo, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9783
Experience:  25+ years tax consulting. Specializing in returns for US citizens living abroad
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Merlo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I am in a LLC, do I take a paycheck with fica,med dedu

Resolved Question:

If I am in a LLC, do I take a paycheck with fica,med deductions.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Merlo replied 8 years ago.

Hello ttdmom,


If you are a member of an LLC and the LLC is paying you a salary, then the LLC should also be withholding all applicable federal and state income taxes as well as your share of the social security and medicare taxes that are due. These taxes would then be submitted quarterly to the IRS and to the state.


At the end of the year the LLC will issue you a W-2 form just as you would receive from any other employer.


If this was helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.


Thank you.



Merlo and 5 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you