Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

RECEIVED $40,000 FROM ANUITIES & BOUGHT A HOME WITH IT IN 2006.

Customer Question
IRS IS NOW TRYING TO...
RECEIVED $40,000 FROM ANUITIES & BOUGHT A HOME WITH IT IN 2006. IRS IS NOW TRYING TO COLLECT TAXES ON THE MONEY WITH PENALTIES TOTALING 12,620.00.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Tax
10/2/2008
Tax Professional: Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent replied 9 years ago
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. If the amount you received in 2006 was interest from the annuities the amount should have been reported as income on your 2006 tax return. The only thing you can do is to make arrangement with the IRS for payment of tax due. You can apply for abatement of the penalties by filing Form 843, Claim for Refund and Request for Abatement (www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f843).
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent