How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how can i find out if pay ments from 2004 were applied the irs siad it

Customer Question

i have a cashiers check
that i have sent them and now they have leins on my home they have been taking my return since then how can i get this resolved
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Ed Johnson replied 8 years ago.



Can you tell me your adjsuted gross income and filing status?


IN another question related tothis, you indicated taht you had shown the IRS a copy of the check you made to them, I assume it was a cleared check.


Was the check you sent them annoated in the comments or memo section with the words 1040 2004 and your social security number?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

my enployer had helped me becouse they were going to grangrish my wages so that i dont no for sure never heard anything arter that so i thought it was taking care of

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
what do u mean my yearly income i s 55;983 single
Expert:  Ed Johnson replied 8 years ago.



It looks like I am working on two question about the same thing with you.. Is it ok if I have the admin combine the two? That way you will not have two open questions on the same subject.


I needed to know if you qualified for free legal assistance with the irs.


I will let you know.



Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok thank you