How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bill Your Own Question
Bill, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3153
Experience:  EA, CEBS - 35 years experience providing financial advice
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Bill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to change my mailing address for the IRS. How do I

This answer was rated:

I need to change my mailing address for the IRS. How do I do this?

You could complete Form 8822 and submit it to the IRS. The following IRS links provide more details.


Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Unfortunately, form 8822 cannot help me. I should explain further. I am repaying back taxes owed from 2005 - automatic bank withdrawal. I need to make sure that the IRS know my new address so that if they need to need to contact me by mail for any reason, they will be sending a correspondence to the correct address. Form 8822 is for Spouse Change of Address. Is there a process that can help me for my need?


I will be waiting for your response.


Thank you,

Chimene Brandon

Form 8822 is also used to notify the IRS of change of your individual address.


Bill and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok, Thank you