Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I need to change my mailing address for the IRS. How do I

I need to change my...
I need to change my mailing address for the IRS. How do I do this?
9/5/2008
Bill
Bill, Enrolled Agent

You could complete Form 8822 and submit it to the IRS. The following IRS links provide more details.

http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc157.html

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8822.pdf

Unfortunately, form 8822 cannot help me. I should explain further. I am repaying back taxes owed from 2005 - automatic bank withdrawal. I need to make sure that the IRS know my new address so that if they need to need to contact me by mail for any reason, they will be sending a correspondence to the correct address. Form 8822 is for Spouse Change of Address. Is there a process that can help me for my need?

I will be waiting for your response.

Thank you,

Chimene Brandon

Form 8822 is also used to notify the IRS of change of your individual address.

http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq-kw9.html

http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc157.html

Bill
Bill, Enrolled Agent
ok, Thank you
Bill
Bill
Bill, Enrolled Agent