How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marvin,EA Your Own Question
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1672
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Marvin,EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mom just passed away August of 2008. Im the co-trustee

Resolved Question:

My mom just passed away August of 2008. I'm the co-trustee of her estate. Will there be taxes to be paid on the first 8 months of 2008. How foes all this work?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 8 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. Sorry for your loss. You would file a Federal tax return (Form 1040) for your mother coving January 1 through the date of your mother passing. You would file a Fiduciary Income Tax Return (Form 1041) if your mother estate had gross income of $600 or more in the remaining tax year. If your mother estate exceeds $2 million you will fill a Estate Tax Return (Form 706) .
Marvin,EA and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you