Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My mom just passed away August of 2008. Im the co-trustee

Customer Question
My mom just passed away...
My mom just passed away August of 2008. I'm the co-trustee of her estate. Will there be taxes to be paid on the first 8 months of 2008. How foes all this work?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Tax
9/3/2008
Tax Professional: Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent replied 9 years ago
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. Sorry for your loss. You would file a Federal tax return (Form 1040) for your mother coving January 1 through the date of your mother passing. You would file a Fiduciary Income Tax Return (Form 1041) if your mother estate had gross income of $600 or more in the remaining tax year. If your mother estate exceeds $2 million you will fill a Estate Tax Return (Form 706) .
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent