Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Hi, Gwen Weir here! I became an Independent Sales Representative

Customer Question
Hi, Gwen Weir here...
Hi, Gwen Weir here! I became an Independent Sales Representative for Avon Inc. I am needing help on which Tax form I need to submit the sales taxes to the IRS, and do I need to send a copy of my sales tax account ledger with the form? Please help. Thanks Gwen
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Tax
9/3/2008
Tax Professional: Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent replied 9 years ago
Marvin,EA
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. What state do you live in?
I Marvin, I live in the state of California. Gwen
Hi Marvin, I live in the state of California, I need to find the right form number to get the sales tax form so I can send the sales tax money from my Avon sales. Gwen

I will have a expert who know California sales tax laws to answer your question.

Tax Professional: Merlo, Accountant replied 9 years ago
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant

HelloCustomer

Your sales tax return will not be submitted to the IRS, but instead it will be submitted to the California Board of Equalization using Form BOE-401-A2. I am giving you a link below to a copy of that form. You will not need to submit a copy of your sales tax ledger with that return, but you should keep it with your tax records in the event there is ever an audit or any questions.

You also have the option of filing your sales tax return electronically. In order to do so, you will first need to register with the state to use this option. I am also giving you a link below to the instructions for using that option.

If this has been helpful please press the Accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you.

http://www.boe.ca.gov/pdf/boe401a2.pdf

http://www.boe.ca.gov/elecsrv/efiling/sutd.htm

Merlo
Merlo, Accountant
Merlo
Merlo
Merlo, Accountant